Friday, October 25, 2013

Rooting Galaxy Tab 7.7


Preface

 : I wanted to test the performance of the Galaxy Tab 7.7. The big movie would be best for the testing. I tried to copy the files on the SD card but I couldn't because FAT32 format didn't allow copying any file which are bigger than 4 Gbyte. I had to format it into NTFS. And then I could copy them. But it was not the final solution. The Galaxy Tab couldn't recognize the NTFS sd card. The only way is to use NTFS mounting apps which are not executable without root permission.


1. Rooting is so simple Just download and install ExynosAbuse APK v1.40 on the Galaxy Tab. And then run it.

 Step 1 Download Apps

 Step 2. After running the apps, you are going to see the following screen. And press "Root Device" among the menu.



Step 3. And then "granting root" message will appear like the following. Press the "grant".


Step 4. And then if you run the apps again, you are going to see the "Root Device" deactivated. Yes it's successfully rooted.



2. Brief Explanation on the app It's made by "Alephzain" and works on the Exynose 4 based device.
 2.1 With this apps, you can root and uproot anytime you want. 
 2.2 It roots device in a way of SuperSU v0.99.
 2.3 It cause some trouble on camera but there is a solution.
 2.4 The compatible devices are like followings. 
Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100
Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE GT-I9305
Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE GT-N7105
AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317
Verizon Galaxy Note 2 SCH-I605 both locked and unlocked bootloaders work
Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus GT-P6210
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000, GT-N8010, GT-N8013, GT-N8020
Google Nexus 10 not compatible, Exynos5


No comments: