Wednesday, October 23, 2013

32G Flash Memories(USB memory and Micro SD card) Review


Preface

 : The storage is one of the products which I am so cautious on buying. I feel so happy in the lowering price of the products. I have 16 Gb flash memories, which becomes not sufficient to store all the data.

1. How I came to buy them I came to need to buy a screen cover for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 which costs less than 10,000 won. Considering the delivery fee, buying it online would be so wise. Therefore I decided to buy other products together. I usually buy computer products through the website, ICODA(http://www.icoda.co.kr). The price is slightly high in Icoda than in Gmarket. The following is the list of the products I bought.



 Nowadays, you can buy 32 Gb flash memories with around 20,000 won.
 Here, what is worth noticing is the unfamiliar brand, Super Talent. I came to decide to buy them because it's just cheap. Because it was the only flash memory with the Class 10 of the price. You can see the price of the other products.



 As you see above, Super Talent is the only brand which costs around 20,000 won(20 dollars). It's suspicious. Why is it so cheap?


 After browsing on the Internet, I found the Super Talent a company specialized in producing storage devices such as Memory cards, SSD card and so on.



  And then I read some articles on it by browsing blogs. I finally decided to buy it.

2. Deliver and Unpacking -  No need to say anything. Just look.







The first impression of the Super Talent was that it looks very old-fashioned. 


3. The performance and the actual use  -  There was no error and the performance of the Super Talent was good enough. You can see the details below. And I was sure of the performance of Transcend because I have been using 16 Gb flash memory drive.


3.1 Capacity
Transcend USB Stick Memory


Super Talent Micro SD


Both were recognized very well on the computer. If you look above, you can see there is slight difference in capacity between them. I don't know why. The discrepancy is about 965 Mbyte. The capacity of Super Talent is 1 Gbyte lower than the Transcend. This is why it's cheap? There is a difference in the first used space. I also don't know why. 

Transcend
Total : 32438763520
USED : 16384
Usable : 32438747136

Super Talent
Total : 31426871296
USED : 32768
Usable : 31426838528

3.2 Speed
Super Talent Micro SD





 I came to copy data. As you see above, the speed is different in each time. The average is about 14 Mb/s. Below there are the results of testing by H2testw.

Super Talent Micro SD


There is no error found on the Super Talent Micro SD card. But there is speed difference about twice of the speed between in actual copying and the testing. Anyway the writing speed was 7.63 MByte/s and reading was 19.0 MByte/s. As you see below, it's faster than the Transcend Stick Memory Drive.  

Transcend USB Stick Memory

 

No comments: